Body Confidence

16:00



Let's face it, there isn't many people out there, including myself that can straight up say that they are happy with their body and honestly that is upsetting. We seem to think that it is okay to compare ourselves to other people and this is because we are growing up in a society that is obsessed with peoples appearances, the sizes of our bodies, our facial features and the way we choose to dress.  Imagine walking down the street and every single person looked the same, that would be a bit boring, wouldn't it? I'm definitely guilty of comparing myself to anyone I come across and pointing out the things I think are bad about myself. But we need to remember that everyone is different and everyone's body is different but that doesn't make you any less beautiful, each and every person is beautiful in their own way.

I remember walking down the stairs on the day of my prom and being absolutely petrified to leave my house. I just wanted to stay at home and avoid going to event where I would be surrounded by everyone I went to school with, parents and teachers. All I was thinking about was what people would think of me, what people would think of my dress, what people would think of my make up, what people would think of how I had my hair and I remember my sister turning round and saying "Char, no one is going to be worrying about what you look like. They will all be too busy worrying about themselves". At the time, I just brushed it off and continued to go on about how people will judge how I look. But since then, I have realised that my sister was right. Do you walk down the street and judge everyone that walks past? No. You walk down the street thinking that every single person is judging you and that isn't the case. We need to learn to love ourselves and stop focusing on what other people might think of us, it is only YOUR opinion that matters.

Now that I've finished rambling, I am going to give you a few tips which may or may not help you to feel slightly more confident with your body.
 
1. Point out something you like about yourself each day - Yes, this does sound extremely scary because who ever speaks about the positive things about themselves? A few weeks ago, a friend and I decided that each day we would share something that we liked about ourselves hoping that it would result in us being more positive. Which indeed it did, I use to look in the mirror and point out everything I disliked but I can now proudly say that I have started pointing out the things I like about myself.  
 
2. Find a form of exercise that you enjoy doing! - Exercise is something that a lot of people dread but it doesn't have to be boring! You could do yoga, hiking, weight training, dancing, running, swimming or any other physical activity you enjoy. If you find the exercise you enjoy, I can guarantee that you will look forward to doing it and it will make you feel so much better.  
 
3. Eat a balanced diet - I can assure you that if you put good foods into your body, you will feel good. This doesn't mean that you need to follow a strict diet, that is definitely not what I'm saying. All of our bodies are different, find a diet that works for you. For me personally, going plant based worked wonders and I feel healthier than I ever have before. Just make you are getting a range of fruit, vegetables, healthy fats, protein and whole grains. This doesn't mean you cut out all of your goodies, of course it is okay to demolish a packet of Oreos every now and then (lmao). Don't be strict on yourself!
 
Thanks for reading
Char x

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This is so true lovely post

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favourite post of yours so far! Body confidence is so important and definitely something I lack in, although I'm sure this will change in time xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! It really is and I hope so xx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Check Out My Instagram

Flickr Images